The weekend policy allows pupils to go home on Saturday afternoon and return in time for Chapel on Sunday provided that the following conditions are strictly observed:
- Parents must return the new form to the Housemaster by 2pm on the Friday before the weekend in question.
- No pupil may leave School on Saturday until all his/her commitments have been fulfilled. Pupils must return by 6.30pm on Sunday or 10am when the main Chapel service is in the morning. Pupils must travel back to School by an approved means of transport.
- Parents must expect to collect their children from School or arrange an alternative means of transport whether public (but generally not for boys in the Under School) or with other parents.
- If pupils are not going to be at their own home (which is preferable) parents must be clear that other parents are taking full responsibility. Parents must themselves check directly with those parents before submitting a request to the Housemaster.
- Housemasters have an absolute right to refuse leave if they are not satisfied with arrangements, or with the pupil’s work or behaviour, or if they feel that it would be better for the pupil to remain at School for a particular weekend.
Reminder for Parents
The School Rules apply outside the School as well as within it. Any action or behaviour which brings the School into disrepute may result in (a pupil) being required to leave.