Charterhouse is an 'All In' member school of ISCO (Independent School Careers Organisation) so your son automatically becomes a member at the beginning of Fifth Form with the following advantages:
At 15 and 16 Years Old
This is when the scheme starts, helping to pinpoint the choice of specialist subjects for post-16 study. The Morrisby Psychometric Profile and Analysis gives in-depth support. Secure personalised webspace, which is the main port of call for careers development, planning and information. Please visit www.myfuturewise.org.uk.
At 17 and 18 Years Old
An insight into the world of work through Career Experience Courses, support in the choice of Higher Education Courses, place and method of study, with the alternative of direct entry to a career.
After school, up to the age of 23 Years Old
Help with the choice of an initial career, training or postgraduate studies.
Benefits of the Student Scheme:
- The Morrisby psychometric profile produces an individual and objective personal profile. This highlights strengths, weaknesses and aptitudes and lists careers for ongoing discussion and as more immediate background to 16+ subject choices. Each profile is available online in the individual Futurewise web space with access to both pupils and their parents.
- Feedback and guidance from ISCO staff.
- Careerscope magazine, packed with up-to-date information and case studies, sent to students" homes each term for four years.
- Priority booking for Career Experience Courses and a 50% discount on the basic fee.
- Access to information and advice up to age 23.
- A full guidance review on request at no extra cost.
Futurewise is ISCO's personalised careers guidance and planning service, delivered in partnership with schools. It provides support and developmental tools to help students make important decisions about higher education and employment. Futurewise provides each young member with personalisedguidance and support services from enrolment to their 23rd birthday.
To find out more about how Futurewise
can help young people, you may wish to explore their website which provides an array of tools allowing a student member to build up a personal portfolio of experiences, skills, interests, contacts and information. Parents login details should have been sent directly to you.