First Year Specialists are first briefed in LQ with a lecture and follow-up small group induction sessions in the HE & Careers Library. They are introduced to UCAS and shown how to register for the UCAS Card. They are encouraged to access the Higher Education and Careers Intranet site which has links to useful websites and advertises courses and workshops.
Please follow the links:
The University of Wolverhampton has created an active map of all UK universities and Higher Education institutions. This map is also available on the UCAS website.
The UCAS website has targeted information for Students and Parents as well as a comprehensive course search facility with most university courses showing an entry and course profile including requirements for that course.
All pupils have access to the Higher Education and Careers Intranet site. This has links to many useful and relevant websites including an events page containing Taster and Careers Courses.
In the CQ the First Year Specialists have a number of sessions:
- University Visits safety aspects
- UCAS Training Day; A series of lectures and workshops takes place for 1st Year Specialists. The programme includes:
- Making choices and Researching Courses
- Personal Statements
- Interview Training
- Careers, Work Experience and Gap Years
- UCAS 'Apply' online system
- Gap Year Fair (Inspiring Futures)
- Financial Awareness workshops
Handouts are available on line and in the Library:
The following are links to: