The Charities Committee is one of Charterhouse’s largest pupil-led societies, raising tens of thousands of pounds for voluntary organisations across the year.
The Committee is chaired by members of the Sixth-Form, and the pupils make all decisions about which causes to support. Particular highlights of each year’s programme include;
- the termly School Charity (three per year) – fundraising activities include bake sales, Mufti Days, Valentine’s Day presents, football matches, and the design of luxury Christmas cards and calendars;
- the annual House Charities Programme, which in 2017 raised £20,000 for twelve amazing charities;
- the Monitors’ Charity Dinner, hosted by our prefects and attended by parents and special guests, which over the past two years has raised almost £35,000 for medical charity FQMS in Palestine, and South Africa-based Mellon Educate;
- the Pupils’ Charity Dinner, attended by Carthusians in their final year, which tends to support smaller, local charities
- a vast range of individual pupil initiatives, often driven by their own personal interests and connections. Pupils provide refreshments at school plays and Artifex events, to raise additional funds for charity.