All of us who live and work at Charterhouse feel privileged to be part of the wider community in Godalming, a thriving and delightful town with a huge amount going on. Carthusians are engaged in the local community in a variety of ways, including (but certainly not limited to!):
- volunteering with a range of local charities, projects and events;
- giving recitals for churches, community groups, and care homes;
- engaging, through the Sixth-Form ‘Creativity Action Service’ programme, with local service and volunteering opportunities – currently, this includes a group at the Royal Surrey Hospital, others working in charity shops, or giving their time to local organisations;
- contributing to the town’s cultural life, for example through membership of the Godalming Youth Orchestra or performing at local functions;
- working with local social enterprises, for example through our tree-planting project with Roots for the Future.