COVID-19 Risk Assessment Outcomes
In line with Government guidance, the School has completed all the necessary risk assessments for the safe return of pupils, staff, and the wider Charterhouse Community. The key additional COVID-19 measures are:
- Additional hygiene and cleaning arrangements have been put in place, for example sanitisers in all classrooms, boarding houses and communal areas, and regular cleaning of key touch points.
- Social distancing will be maintained, where appropriate, with a one-way system in operation in the centre of School.
- All pupils will be temperature checked daily.
- Academic activities will take place in Year-Group ‘bubbles” with classrooms set out at 1m+ and the use of Perspex screens where necessary.
- Boarding Houses will act as residential ‘bubbles’ with Year-Group ‘mini-bubbles’. There will only be controlled contact between pupils from different houses with appropriate social distancing.
- Co-curricular activities will take place in Year-Group ‘bubbles’ with no activities involving other schools until at least Exeat.
- Support staff activities have been revised to minimise contact with pupils and each other, with the wearing of PPE where necessary.
- External visitors will only be allowed if necessary for the School’s operation and following strict guidelines, including a temperature check.
- Unless room sizes allow appropriate social distancing, meetings will be held by Zoom.
All measures will be reviewed regularly and updated in light of new Government guidance.