The opening of two new-build Houses for September 2021
When Year 9 girls are welcomed to the School in 2021, we will be opening two brand new Boarding Houses, situated between Daviesites and the Ben Travers Theatre. Our vision is for Charterhouse to be a fully coeducational school and part of our thinking surrounds the layout of the Boarding Houses across the campus. We are keen that there are boys and girls living on both sides of the School, and that future investment in boarding facilities benefits both the boys and the girls. Therefore, one of the new Houses will be for boys and the other for girls.
- One House will become the fourth of the girls’ Houses, to be called Northbrook
- The other will be the new home of Saunderites, which will relocate over the summer of 2021. Suzanne Allen, the current Housemaster will remain at the helm and will lead the move across with the boys
- Sutton will move into the old Saunderites building in the centre of the School, with Chetwynd expanding to fill the whole of the Chetwynd Hall building
A fly through video of one of the two new-build Houses is below, showing:
- Entrance Hall with House office
- Spacious double height common room leading out onto the garden courtyard
- A view of one of the en-suite single bedrooms (for Year 12 and 13 girls)
- The garden courtyard and landscaping
Oak - Central Café
Oak, the new and airy café in Scholars' Court opens in September 2021. It will serve breakfast, lunch and homebill (supper) for those that board in the centre of the School and outside those times will be an informal working and social space for staff and pupils alike.