Founded in 1611, Charterhouse is one of the UK’s leading independent boarding and day schools, providing an outstanding education for boys and girls aged 13 to 18.
The School is set within an inspiring 250‑acre campus, conveniently located close to London and within 50 minutes of both Heathrow and Gatwick airports. With 17 grass sports pitches, 3 full‑sized Astroturf pitches, an athletics stadium, a sports centre, 24 tennis courts and a 9‑hole golf course, not to mention beautiful lawns and gardens, the campus is one of the best, if not the best, in the country. Combined with a 235‑seat theatre and separate music performance and art display spaces, the School’s setting encourages pupils to contribute, and provides a safe community in which to explore and grow.
At Charterhouse we aim to equip pupils to lead fulfilled and purposeful lives by providing an all-round education based on Christian values. Teaching and learning is at the heart of what we do, although this does not mean achieving only qualifications and passing examinations. A Charterhouse education should endure long after examination results are published. We value all our pupils as individuals with unique talents and interests and seek to instil:
- Academic rigour, intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn independently
- The knowledge, skills and attitudes to succeed in a complex, fast-changing, multi-cultural society
- A sense of personal values based on compassion, integrity and sound judgement
- A commitment to the service of others and to society and a readiness to contribute to the common good
- Spiritual, moral, cultural and aesthetic awareness which contributes to a balanced and well-informed approach to life
Deo Dante Dedi – ‘God having given, I gave’