Economics is a popular and topical subject at Charterhouse. As the Government grapples with the perceived issues of excessive Government spending, Economics particularly appeals and offers insight to pupils who have an interest in current affairs, politics and modern history.
The Economics Department recognises that a subject which concerns current affairs needs to embrace the world beyond the limits of the School boundaries.
We do this through inviting outside speakers to the School and taking trips to the city of London and overseas and recent speakers include:
- Crispin Wright, Chair of the Takeover Panel
- Richard Murley, Vice Chair of Rothschilds
- Andrew Hill, Business correspondent of the Financial Times
- Baroness Parminter, trustee of the IPPR think tank and Patron of the Meath Epilepsy Trust
- Sir Donald Cruickshank, former Chair of the International ( London) Stock Exchange
- Dr Jo Nellis, Professor of Global Economy Cranfield School of Management
- Neil Sherlock, Head of Reputational Strategy PWC
- Mr Martin Jacques, author of ‘When China rules the world’ and Visiting Fellow of LSE