The House was named after its founding Housemaster, the Revd Gerald Davies. The original Daviesites was located in Farncombe, opening in May 1874 with just six boys, but it moved in 1875 to a building on the highest point of Frith Hill, overlooking Girdlestoneites. The house was bought by the School in 1905, when Daviesite pupil numbers were increased from 25 to 40. In November 1973 Daviesites was the first House to move into one of the seven ‘New Houses’ designed by Richard Gilbert Scott, the son of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, architect of the Memorial Chapel. The accommodation allows nearly every boy to have his own study-bedroom throughout his time at Charterhouse. The Central Dining Room, Queen's Sports Centre, golf course and playing fields are within easy reach.