Hodgsonites was founded by JT Hodgson in 1872 with just four boys in a property on the south side of Godalming High Street. . In 1873 the increased House population of ten boys were relieved to move to “The Hermitage” on Frith Hill Road, much closer to School. The move to the present building, designed by the son of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, architect of the Memorial Chapel, took place in 1974. In 1977 the Old Hodgsonites Mantlepiece from the Old Charterhouse was reconstructed within the boundary wall of the House.
Hodgsonites is conveniently situated close to the Central Dining Room, the Queen's Sports Centre, golf course and playing fields.