Lockites was founded in the summer of 1873 by Sidney W Lock. After a year at Branksome House, Godalming, Lockites relocated, in 1874, to the site it occupied for 100 years on Sandy Lane (now Charterhouse Hill) to the south-east of the main School. With Weekites standing adjacent and in the shadow of the bridge across to Girdlestoneites, it was overlooked by the site on which Memorial Chapel was erected and dedicated in 1927.
Originally owned by the Housemaster, the House was finally purchased by the School following a fire in 1919. In 1974 the House moved to its current position overlooking Under Green. This new building was designed by the son of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, architect of the Memorial Chapel, and was formally opened by the Queen in 1975. Lockites is centrally located close to the Central Dining Rooms, Queen's Sports Centre, golf course and playing fields.