Sutton

Sutton

Sutton House is named after Thomas Sutton, the founder of Charterhouse. We currently share a building with Chetwynd, over to the west side of school behind the QSC (the sports centre).  

September 2019 saw the introduction of seperate boys' and girls' Houses. This was achieved by converting existing buildings into three new girls' Houses. Two girls' Houses – Chetwynd and Sutton – were established within the existing, large Chetwynd Hall building. Fletcherites, previously the Sixth Form House, also become a girls' House.

We will only be in our current location for one more year, as in 2021 we will be moving into one of the three original buildings established when Charterhouse moved from London to Godalming in 1872, right in the heart of the school, where Saunderites currently resides. 

Sutton House Colour